Most of the houses in the UK are constructed from bricks. Bricks have been tried and tested for many many years, but bricks of certain age can harbor many problems.
Damage, such as cracks, chips or spalling, can have many causes, including weather conditions, trapped water & staining.
Replacing damaged brickwork is expensive and is not always the best option. Today it is far more common for damaged brickwork to be repaired, as the results are quicker, easier & most importantly, cheaper!
Stonelux Brick Repair Filler makes it easy to repair damaged brickwork.
Available in 11 common brick colours, this ready-mixed, textured filler, makes repairs quick and easy. Simply press into the damaged area and reform to the contours of the brick.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Stonelux® Brick Repair Filler
- Small Pointing Trowel or similar
- Masking Tape (if required)
TIME TO PREPARE
Remove any loose material using a wire brush. Ensure the damaged brick is clean, sound and dry. Apply a suitable stabiliser if the brick is unsound.
TIME TO REPAIR
- Firmly press Stonelux Brick Repair Filler into the damaged area using a small pointing trowel or similar.
- Re-shape the surface of the repair to match the form and contours of the original brick.
- If the damage is deeper than 12mm, build the repair in layers no thicker than 12mm. Leave each layer 12-24 hours to dry.